11:30 am to 5:30 pm
Tues, Thurs, Fri & Sat
11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Closed Wednesday and Sunday
LOW COST SPAY/NEUTER
DO YOU HAVE A PET THAT STILL
NEEDS TO BE SPAYED OR NEUTERED?
(EVEN A STRAY CAT THAT YOU ARE FEEDING?)
LET US KNOW YOU HAVE INTEREST IN ANOTHER TRANSPORT!!
Last summer HCHS is partnered with HUMANE OHIO to provide transport to the spay/neuter clinic in Toledo (and back the same day). Until the next transport, you can contact Humane Ohio directly to arrange for an appointment.
Join the Bingo Fun!
Yes, they BOTH won the game and split the $500 payout!
Join us on Monday nights to raise dollars for the shelter.
(Location: Society for the Handicapped, 470 Independence Drive, Napoleon)
Just a friendly but urgent reminder that during this cold crisis with arctic temperatures, HCHS reminds the community to
bring your animals inside!!
IF YOU CANNOT bring your animals inside, here are some tips to keep them warm outside.
1. Make sure they have shelter that they can go in- like a dog house, garage, barn etc. Make sure it is packed with blankets or straw. (Cats will use these places too.) A straw "igloo" will work.
2. Frequently swap the frozen dish for a new dish of water to give the animal a chance to drink before it freezes again. (same for food).
3. If possible, provide a heat lamp for added comfort, or put on a properly fitting pet sweater/coat.
4. Check underneath your car tires and hoods, especially in the morning for cats and other small animals. Someone may be in there trying to keep warm.
5. Do your best to help animals in immediate need yourself; other help will not be able to arrive in time. Report acts of cruelty or neglect to law enforcement.
Severe Dog Illness in Ohio
A must read for Dog Owners; Rush to a Vet if your dog
Due to financial difficulties
beginning Thursday, August 15, 2013
the Humane Society will no longer be accepting dogs from the public.
Please see our full News Release
for more information.
Please stick with us and lend a hand as we work for positive change and financial recovery.
Thank you for caring.
~The Humane Society Board and Staff
We have weathered the bad economy for a long stretch, and we have no reserve funds left. We face the real possibility of having to close our doors, so please respond with your donation today.
Remember your contribution is tax deductible. The Henry County Humane Society receives NO tax dollars, and relies on funds raised from contributors like you, our bingo game and other fundraising activities.
Please consider the Humane Society as your "charity of the donor's choice" when paying tribute to a departed loved one.
You can donate online right from here,
or send your donation to the shelter:
1136 Independence Drive, Napoleon, OH 43545
And if you'd
like to help us with a fundraising event to continue with our financial recovery,
please contact us.
Have you seen these license plates?
Did you know that proceeds for the sales of these plates help save pet lives?
Learn about how you can help the